We Are the premier gun range
and gun shop in southeast Michigan
Michigan cpl Classes Forming NOw
Click the buttons below to learn and schedule your Concealed Pistol License Class at the Firing Line, We offer special classes Just For Women, taught by the Firing Line's Expert NRA Certified Firearms instructors.
1. Be at least 21 years of age
2. Be a citizen of the United States or an immigrant alien lawfully admitted into the United States
3. Be a resident of the State of Michigan for at least 6 months prior to application. An applicant is a state resident if one of the following applies: The applicant possesses a valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver's license or state identification card The applicant is lawfully registered to vote in Michigan The applicant is on active duty status with the United States Armed Forces and stationed outside of Michigan, but Michigan is the home of record The applicant is on active duty status with the United States Armed Forces and is permanently stationed in Michigan, but the home of record is another state.
Note: The 6-month residency requirement may be waived by the concealed pistol licensing board for new residents licensed by another state.
4. Have successfully completed a pistol safety training course.
5. Not be subject to any of the following:
An order requiring involuntary hospitalization or alternative treatment An order finding legal incapacitation
A finding of not guilty by reason of insanity
6. Not be subject to a conditional bond release prohibiting purchase or possession of a firearm.
7. Not be subject to a personal protection order.
8. Not be prohibited from possessing, using, transporting, selling, purchasing, carrying, shipping, receiving, or distributing a firearm under MCL 750.224f.
9. Have never been convicted of a felony in Michigan or elsewhere.
10. Have no felony charge pending in Michigan or elsewhere.
11. Have not been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
12. Have not been convicted of one of the following misdemeanors in the 8 years immediately preceding the date of application: Failing to stop when involved in a personal injury accident, MCL 257.617a Operating while intoxicated, second offense, MCL 257.625(9)(b) Drunk driving, commercial vehicle, MCL 257.625m(4) Reckless driving, MCL 257.626 Driving while license suspended or revoked, second or subsequent offense, MCL 257.904 Operating aircraft while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance with prior conviction, MCL 259.185 Hindering or obstructing certain persons performing official weights and measures duties, MCL 290.629 Hindering, obstructing, assaulting, or committing bodily injury upon director or authorized representative, MCL 290.650 Operating an ORV under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, MCL 324.81134(5)-(6) Operating a snowmobile under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, MCL 324.82127 punishable under section MCL 324.82128(1)(b) or (c) Operating a vessel under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, MCL 324.80176 punishable under MCL 324.80177(1)(b) Possessing a controlled substance, controlled substance analogue, or prescription form, MCL 333.7403. Operating a locomotive under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, or while visibly impaired, MCL 462.353(4) Displaying sexually explicit matter to minors, MCL 722.677 Assault or domestic assault, MCL 750.81 Aggravated assault or aggravated domestic assault, MCL 750.81a Breaking and entering or entering without breaking, MCL 750.115 Fourth-degree child abuse, MCL 750.136b Accosting, enticing, or soliciting a child for immoral purposes, MCL 750.145a Vulnerable adult abuse, MCL 750.145n Solicitation to commit a felony, MCL 750.157b Impersonating a peace officer or medical examiner, MCL 750.215 Illegal sale of a firearm or ammunition, MCL 750.223 Illegal use or sale of a self-defense spray, MCL 750.224d Sale or possession of a switchblade, MCL 750.226a Improper transportation of a loaded firearm, MCL 750.227c Failure to have a pistol inspected, MCL 750.228 Accepting a pistol in pawn, MCL 750.229 Failure to register the purchase of a firearm or a firearm component, MCL 750.232 Improperly obtaining a pistol, making a false statement on an application to purchase a pistol, or using false identification to purchase a pistol, MCL 750.232a Intentionally aiming a firearm without malice, MCL 750.233 Intentionally discharging a firearm aimed without malice, MCL 750.234 Possessing a firearm on prohibited premises, MCL 750.234d Brandishing a firearm in public, MCL 750.234e Possession of a firearm by an individual less than 18 years of age, MCL 750.234f Intentionally discharging a firearm aimed without malice causing injury, MCL 750.235 Parent of a minor who possessed a firearm in a weapon-free school zone, MCL 750.235a Setting a spring gun or other device, MCL 750.236 Possessing a firearm while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a drug, MCL 750.237 Weapon-free school zone violation, MCL 750.237a Indecent exposure, MCL 750.335a Stalking, MCL 750.411h Fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct, MCL 750.520e Reckless, careless, or negligent use of a firearm resulting in injury or death, MCL 752.861 Careless, reckless, or negligent use of a firearm resulting in property damage, MCL 752.862 Reckless discharge of a firearm, MCL 752.863aNote: The applicant must not have violated a law of the United States, another state, or a local unit of government of this state or another state substantially corresponding to a violation described above.
13. Have not been convicted of one of the following misdemeanors in the 3 years immediately preceding the date of application:
* Operating under the influence, MCL 257.625
* Refusal of commercial vehicle operator to submit to a chemical test, MCL 257.625a
* Ignition interlock device reporting violation, MCL 257.625k
* Circumventing an ignition interlocking device, MCL 257.625l
* Operating a commercial vehicle with alcohol content, MCL 257.625m(3)
* Operating an aircraft under the influence, MCL 259.185
* Operating an ORV under the influence, MCL 324.81134
* Operating an ORV while visibly impaired, MCL 324.81135
* Operating a snowmobile under the influence, MCL 324.82127
* Controlled substances, MCL 333.7401 to 333.7461
* Operating a locomotive under the influence, MCL 462.353(3)
* Disorderly person, MCL 750.167
* Embezzlement, MCL 750.174
* False pretenses with intent to defraud, MCL 750.218
* Larceny, MCL 750.356 Second-degree retail fraud, MCL 750.356d
* Larceny, vacant building, MCL 750.359
* Larceny, by conversion, MCL 750.362
* Larceny, defrauding lessor, MCL 750.362a
* Malicious destruction of property, MCL 750.377a
* Malicious destruction of real property, MCL 750.380
* Receiving stolen property, MCL 750.535
* Malicious use of telephones, MCL 750.540e
Note: The applicant must not have violated a law of the United States, another state, or a local unit of government of this state or another state substantially corresponding to a violation described above.
14. Have not been found guilty but mentally ill of any crime and has not offered a plea of not guilty of, or been acquitted of, any crime by reason of insanity.
15. Have never been subject to an order of involuntary commitment in an inpatient or outpatient setting due to a mental illness.
16. Not have a diagnosed mental illness at the time the application is made, regardless of whether he or she is receiving treatment.
17. Not be under a court order of legal incapacity in this state or elsewhere.
18. Not be detrimental to the safety of his or her self or any other person if issued a Concealed Pistol LicenseB. Federal Requirements Pursuant to .MCL 28.426, a Concealed Pistol License may not be issued to a person prohibited under federal law from possessing or transporting a firearm. The federal requirements to possess or transport a firearm include that the applicant:
1. Not have been convicted in any court of, or under indictment for, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year (i.e. felony, or any misdemeanor punishable by more than 2 years)
2. Not be a fugitive of justice.
3. Not be an unlawful user of, or addicted to, any controlled substance, as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)
4. Not be adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution.
5. Not be an alien who is illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
6. Not be discharged from the United States Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
7. Not have renounced his or her citizenship.
8. Not be subject to a court order prohibiting harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner or from engaging in other conduct that would place the partner or child in reasonable fear of bodily injury.
9. Not be convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
The requirements (criteria) that you must meet in order to obtain a Concealed Pistol License, also know as a CCW / CPL or Concealed Carry Permit in State of Michigan.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in obtaining your permit, the Firing Line has many class options available to you, including classes just for women, taught by expert female instructors.